As we are coming off our pumpkin spice kick and heading into the holiday season, winter treats are among us. But lets be real… the holidays also mean sugar comas.
While I will never be one to turn down a homemade sugar cookie (#balance), it’s always nice to have treats on hand that are on the healthier side.
I kicked off my holiday baking this year with my cranberry orange bread.
This bread is sweetened with coconut sugar, fresh orange juice and juicy cranberries! With all the ingredients being healthy, I definitely didn’t feel guilty eating multiple pieces (although I claimed it was for test purposes)!
The bread is packed full of flavor and moist (I say I hate this word but I continue to use it) thanks to the yogurt. If you have never tried yogurt in cooking, let this recipe be the first for you because it takes my baking to the next level!
This bread would be the an awesome holiday gift, or if we are being real… the perfect healthy treat for yourself!
Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread
- 2 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour (spoon the flour into cup than level off with knife)
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- Small pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of freshly grated orange zest (about 3 medium oranges)
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2-3 medium oranges)
- 4 tbsp of almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups of cranberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir all dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl until all yogurt clumps are fully mixed.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet ingredients until well combined. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Add batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to cool