They said I could be anything so I decided to be caffeinated – quote that describes my life.
But can I be real and say although this is the probably your hundredth “healthy pb cup” post, this one is full of some of the best ingredients (caffeine being one). And I would be lying if I didn’t say when I bit into this… I felt like a freaking boss. Yup, it’s that good.
Peanut butter cups are my husbands and I’s go-to candy of choice. But we just can’t have candy in the house, because well we wouldn’t have candy in the house if you’re catching my drift. But these almond butter cups are filled with all the right ingredients, and while I probably shouldn’t stuff my face with three of them at a time, I definitely don’t feel (as) guilty.
But really who doesn’t love pumpkin, almond butter and coffee all combined into one healthy and tasty treat? Especially during the fall, those three foods become their own food group.
These cups are the perfect on-the-go pre-workout snack (hello healthy fats, carbs and most importantly caffeine), plus they are a freaking breeze to make. Do I need to say more?
If you want to feel like a boss, grab these ingredients.
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (I love using 60% cacao), divided
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. of coffee grounds
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, divided
Almond Butter Filling
- 1 cup of almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- Line a 12 count muffin tin with muffin liners then set aside
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine half of the chocolate chips, coconut oil, coffee ground and vanilla extract. Microwave for 20 secs and continue to do so in small time increments until chocolate has fully melted and all ingredients are combined. Divide the chocolate between the 12 muffin liners and freeze until hard (about 15 minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, pumpkin puree, honey and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour almond butter filling evenly over the hardened chocolate cups. Freeze until hard (about 20 minutes).
- Repeat step 2 and pour evenly over almond butter filling. Freeze until firm.
Happy Caffeinated Eatings!