This yummy fall salad is a no brainier, as you can toss everything together in a bowl and have a healthy meal for the week within minutes!
I am just going to start this post off by being so real with you guys…
I’m not the biggest fan of salads. I know this is a post about salad and I am beginning this by bashing them, but bear with me.
It’s not that I hate them. Like I get they are healthy for you and yada yada yada.. But too many of them are just so plain and dainty. I can’t just do a lettuce salad with some ranch and call it my lunch… I just can’t.
So when someone suggests eating a salad I immediately get turned off and think of those little cafeteria salads.
But let me tell you, I think I have officially become a salad liker (not lover, I’m not going to push it). But I can honestly say, I L O V E this salad.
Like I mentioned before, a bland salad just makes me cringe.
I started to just throw some things together I had in my fridge and guys I was so pleasantly surprised!
This salad has so much flavor and depth. Each bite has that yummy sweetness and crunch from the apples and cranberries, the saltiness from the pepitas and goat cheese and the spiced butternut squash makes this dish a total home run!
So after my ramble about awful salads, I hope I can convinced you guys to add this to your weeks meal prep. It’s legit bomb.com.
Ingredients (Increase the portions if making multiple servings)
- 1 1/12 cups of Kale (clean & rinsed)
- ½ of a gala apple chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. of dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. of pepitas
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ lbs. of butternut squash (this will make enough for multiple salads or other dishes)
- 1 tbsp. of goat cheese
- 1-2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
Dijon Vinaigrette: (This will make enough dressing for multiple salads)
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp. of maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss butternut squash with coconut oil and pumpkin pie spice. Add to prepared sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Place squash in over and cook 15-20 minutes (depending on oven). Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine kale, cranberries, chopped apple, sunflower seeds, pepitas, cooled butternut squash and goat cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Dress salad with desired amount of dressing,
- Store remaining dressing in air tight container.